Inspired by the beautiful me-time stories of mamas in the two minutes with series, I decided I wanted to create a gift card with a difference.
I’m a real believer in the saying “it’s the thought that counts” when it comes to presents. Knowing how challenging I find it to create the time and space for me-time, I wanted a card someone could give to a mama, like me, to help them to bring some me-time into their days.
My vision is to create a “mamas me-time movement” which sees mamas making a commitment to their own self care but recognizing it’s not that easy to have me-time without help, also creates a community which helps and supports mamas to take me-time.
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the PDF print ready files.
2. When you receive your e-gift card, print and complete the recipients details and your details. The card gives you the space to complete the following :
“For you to enjoy some me-time with…” Some examples of gift ideas are:
- An hour of babysitting so you can do something you love
- The school run taken care of one Monday morning
- These bath salts for a long soak in the tub
- This book to inspire you
- These essential oils to relax you
- This yoga pass to revitalise you
The gift should reflect a me-time activity you think the mama will love but the only limit is your imagination.
3. Gift the card – for a mama’s birthday, to a mama on her children’s birthdays, an anniversary, Mother’s Day or anytime.
4. Share on Instagram your completed gift card to inspire others with ideas or the mama enjoying her me-time with your help using the hashtags #mamasmetimemovement #mamasmetime
I hope you embrace and enjoy the idea.
Finally, I would like to recognise and thank Karla Pizzica for her generosity in sharing her talents and creating the graphics for our beautiful card as a love job – so I could share it with you for no cost.